PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING NOTES BEFORE YOU ENGAGE IN ANY OF THESE ACTIVITIES.
- When foraging always seek permission from the land owner – this means your local council if necessary.
- Always protect the wildlife and plant life – take only what you need and ensure the plant can still grow and won’t be too traumatised.
- Always make sure you know EXACTLY what it is before you eat it. If you are UNSURE at all – do NOT eat it. Some plants and mushrooms are DEADLY.
- Always be careful when dealing with PEST SPECIES – including Japanese Knotweed. Do not allow it to spread – dispose of all parts even cooked parts thoroughly and do not tread on it. This species can grow anywhere, anyhow, anytime.
- Always check your local regulations before attempting any foraging.
- Many plants and fruits look very similar – do not assume because you have learned about one particular edible type that all the plants that look like that are going to be edible. This is often not the case and can have DEADLY consequences.